Happy Monday, everyone! How was your St. Patrick's Day? We had a great day. I dressed my girls up in St. Patty's Day tees for church and then we had friends over for an Irish feast. I made Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Corned Beef, Slow Cooker Cabbage, Irish Potato Cakes, Traditional Irish Soda Bread, Green Punch, and Irish Cream Brownies. It was lots of fun.
Last week I was signed up to bring goodies to the Women's Bible Study at my church. I decided to make bundt cakes, as I bought a bundt cake pan at a garage sale last summer for 50 cents, but had never used it. Since it was a few days before St. Patrick's Day, I went with that theme. I made an Irish Cream Bundt Cake, and this Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake. They were both really good. I thought I would share the chocolate one with you today. It's adapted from Creations by Kara. Even though I made it for St. Patrick's Day, it would be great any time of year.
Chocolate Mint Bundt Cake
1 box devil’s food or chocolate cake mix
1 cup sour cream (I used low fat)
½ cup water
1 (3 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
½ cup oil
1¼ tsp peppermint extract, divided
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 oz. white chocolate squares
½ - 1 tsp vegetable oil
Green food coloring
Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a bundt cake pan with baking spray.
Combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, water, pudding, oil, and 1 tsp peppermint extract. Beat until well mixed. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into bundt pan.
Bake for about 45-50 minutes. Cool for 5-10 minutes in pan, then dump out onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Melt white chocolate squares in the microwave. Stir in remaining ¼ tsp peppermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring. Add enough oil to make it runny enough to drizzle. Drizzle over the cake. Let sit until chocolate drizzle sets. (Best made the day before serving).
Makes 16 servings.
It was a big hit. It is really dense, moist, and very chocolatey. So good! I love the chocolate chips in there. Sorry I forgot to snap a pick of an individual slice so you could see the inside. It got eaten up too quickly!